TechSmith Corp., the world's leading provider of screen capture and recording solutions, announced the immediate availability of Morae 3.1, allowing customers to work faster and with greater flexibility to deliver understandable, quantifiable and actionable results when conducting user experience and qualitative market research campaigns, in the lab or in the field.
"Efficiency and affordability are crucial in the current economic climate when organizations are looking to improve client or customer-facing applications, or are bringing new products online," said Shane Lovellette, User Experience Products Manager at TechSmith. "With our latest release of Morae, we've made it easier for customers to conduct in-depth interviews, focus groups and ethnographic studies by automating more of the highly technical aspects. Additionally, we've made it easier to produce and share the rich multimedia presentations of their findings so they get noticed by stakeholders."
With Morae, businesses, market research firms and academia can affordably conduct detailed usability, product design, prototype, hand-held, hardware and focus group testing, along with qualitative market and educational research.New features in Morae 3.1 include:
* The ability to produce highlight reels in high-quality Flash video (MPEG-4) with file sizes that are smaller and more manageable, allowing for sharing and viewing across platforms, operating systems and browsers.
* The ability to easily and securely share research findings on TechSmith's integrated Screencast.com hosting service so individual stakeholders in multiple locations have access to final presentations as well as any supporting documentation.
* The ability for a stakeholder or facilitator to mark points of interest by using a wireless Nintendo® Wii™ remote, so a single laptop can be used to conduct sessions to free-up staff time, allow for faster analysis, and eliminate the need to acquire network privileges at the client's site.
* A new and more intuitive Observer interface so users have the flexibility to adjust predefined session tasks, and add new session tasks in real-time so they can expand and collect more accurate data on the fly.
* Support for rich text formatting, allowing facilitators to adjust and reformat text to better meet individual viewing needs when using Morae's AutoPilot automated task survey delivery features.
* Built-in audio normalization and waveform display for clear and consistent audio every time, whether a participant speaks loudly or softly.
* Automated Task Success Rate graphs so research teams can instantly see success rates by percentage and share them with stakeholders in written reports, PowerPoint presentations and highlight videos.